Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Run for Integrity 10k - May 2012

My cuhrazee busy schedule left me with a frozen and outdated blog. And yes.. I'm guilty and felt like I have a lot to blab about. It would probably take me the entire night to tell you about the juicy bits so it would just be better to focus on the highlight of it all. 

I've been training like crazy for a couple of weeks and have been dragging myself to my boxing class to improve my strength, muscle tone and endurance. I run every other day and do at-home exercises in between if I'm not out boxing. Poor hubby thinks I'm losing my mind with all this healthy-living thingy! LOL! Well... believe you me, being physically active and following a strict vegetarian diet are on top of my goals the coming days.. and years perhaps. Open our fridge and see it for yourself! LOL.

 A peek of where I usually run every morning.



Aside from the 10k run I've been training for - self-trained that is, we're also planning to go on our 2nd hiking trip next week and these are the all reasons of my excitement and preparation. I now have a list of the things I needed (or wanted??) to buy (??) and do if I plan to make them as a part of my regular physical activity. After delving into the world of running and mountaineering, I think that the said list, or gears, respectfully deserves a separate post on this blog. :)



For the meantime, I'd like to share my accomplishment for today and the fruit of all my labor from the past week/s.





A 10k run usually takes me an hour and 50 minutes to finish so seeing a 30 minute difference from the last was already a fulfillment for me.


 "Running is never easy, no matter how much you do it, but that’s part of what makes it great. It’s always good to challenge yourself." quoted from Fannetasticfood blog


For a post-run treat, I decided to grab a large cup of Acai Supercharger to give me a boost of energy. From the word itself - SUPERCHARGER!! :)


Studies show that acai (pronounced ah-say-yee) are natural energy drinks that are rich in Vitamin C, D and E, fiber,  and antioxidants. Since the drink also contains a fair amount of soy milk, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries; it would aid in muscle repair after a strenuous activity and gives you enough intake of iron and calcium on a day's requirement. I think I forgot to mention that the drink has a whooping 420 calories!!! Hell yeah! I actually tried to save half of it for lunch to minimize the guilt. As if it would make any difference! LOL. 




And this is what I guiltlessly munch on for breakfast after shedding off 904 calories after running. Though I honestly got hungry right after 2 hours, which is totally not normal for me. Good thing I was able to still save half of my drink until I reached home.


Blueberry pancakes (with bluebarry syrup) and brewed coffee... with acai drink on the side. 

It's been a fun (but challenging) day and I'm really happy that all my effort are not gone to waste. I felt empowered and motivated to do better the next time! A couple of training might someday make me a third placer.. Heck!!! Or even a first placer! Hahahaha! Who knows man?! Might as well dream BIG right? LOL.

The body and foot massage we had earlier might keep me snuggled up in my bed for a couple of hours and I might have to skip my usual Monday run. I might have to resume on Tuesday and train myself for our upcoming hike. 

Here's a teaser of where we'll be hiking on Sunday afternoon.






More photos and writings next week. :)



XOXO
Einah

No comments:

Post a Comment